The Ghana Police Service says officers have arrested two suspects linked to a motorbike robbery that occurred last month at Sibakon Down near Comet Estate in Ghana’s Eastern Region, authorities announced Tuesday.
The Eastern Regional Police Command said the primary suspect, identified as 31-year-old Kwabla Egblorgbe Gadoglo Mohammed, also known as Moha, was tracked and arrested on 13 February at a hideout in Afienya following intelligence-led investigations.
Police said preliminary findings indicate Mohammed and an accomplice, now deceased, hired a commercial motorbike rider from Kwabenya under the pretext of a trip to Sibakon Hospital on 18 January. During the journey, the suspects allegedly attacked the rider using a locally manufactured pistol and a stone, robbing him of his iPhone 13 Pro and demanding the key to his unregistered Royal motorbike.
Authorities said the victim raised an alarm, prompting nearby residents to intervene. One of the suspects was lynched at the scene, while the other fled with the stolen phone.
A subsequent search at Mohammed’s residence in Abokobi uncovered several items police described as suspected tools, including a cutter, scissors, hammers, a hacksaw, a cutlass, a jack knife, a saw and three mobile phones, all retrieved as exhibits.
Further investigations led to the arrest of a second suspect, 37-year-old Kwame Accolor, also known as Small Kidi, at Anyako in the Volta Region. Police allege he purchased the stolen iPhone for 800 Ghana cedis.
Investigators say efforts are ongoing to recover the firearm believed to have been used in the robbery.
Both accused persons have appeared before court. Mohammed, who pleaded guilty to robbery, had sentencing deferred to 10 March 2026, according to police.
In a statement issued from Koforidua, regional police officials reiterated their commitment to intensified intelligence-led operations, saying they remain focused on ensuring public safety and apprehending individuals involved in violent crime.
