The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has announced the release of provisional results of candidates who sat for the 2025 West African Senior Schools Certificate Examinations (WASSCE).
A total of 461,736 candidates sat the exams from Monday, August 4 to Friday, September 19, 2025.
However, subject results of 6,295 candidates have been cancelled as they are alleged to have brought foreign materials like prepared notes, text books and printed materials into the examination halls.
The entire results of 653 candidates have also been cancelled as they have been found guilty for bringing mobile phones to the exams halls.
Subject results of some 908 candidates and entire results of 158 candidates have been withheld “for various suspected offences”.
“Yet still, some subject results of candidates from 185 schools have been withheld for alleged collusion,” a press release dated Saturday, November 29 indicated.
“These cases are under investigation,” the release signed by Head of Public Relations at WAEC John K. Kapi said.
He assured that investigations of the withheld results will be ready by the end of December “depending on the outcome of investigations”.
WAEC also announced that a total of 35 suspects including 19 teachers have been found to have engaged in acts that compromised the exams.
It said so far 19 have been arraigned before court and convicted to fines or terms of imprisonment.
“The remaining 16 are yet to be presented before the courts by the police.
“Beyond what the courts may decide, the list of teachers will be presented to the Director-General of the Ghana Education Service for further disciplinary action.”
WAEC expressed gratitude to all stakeholders for the successful conduct of the exams and the release of results.
